6. Open Space Plan
- It is notable that a large portion of our site has been conserved
as open space.
- In terms of planned open space, we have a number of green areas
in our various campuses that are planned for recreation use. Many
of these are clustered near our housing.
- There is a hierarchy of planned open space from informal fields
associated with housing to a covered public plaza at the end of
our main campus pedestrian spine.
- We also have a large passive open space and recreation area
with trails and other small scale recreation facilities (located
between the sports cluster and main campus cluster).
Passive Recreation Area:
- Passive recreation area for walking and jogging
- Three bridges over seasonal stream to be constructed with local
- Gazebos to have finished floor above grade to accommodate seasonal
- Two recreation buildings, male and female, with indoor basketball,
ping pong, sitting/socializing area, and rest rooms
- Massing of trees as noted, especially for special framed views
and "hiding" of service facility building