In Memoriam: Donald A. Krueckeberg
The Bloustein School lost a treasured friend, colleague and mentor with the passing of Professor and Associate Dean Donald A. Krueckeberg in December 2006. Professors Michael Greenberg and Frank Popper recalled his many accomplishments in a personal remembrance of their colleague. Click here for their testimonial.
Publications and Activities
- 2004. The Lessons of John Locke or Hernando de Soto: What If Your Dreams Come True? Housing Policy Debate, 15:1, 1-24.
- 2004. Property without community: The (frequent) consequence of tax exemptions for non-profit institutions. In Private Property in the 21st Century. Ed. By Harvey M. Jacobs. Edward Elgar: Northampton, MA, 125-142.
- 2002. Evaluating the experience of Brazilian, South African, and Indian urban tenure programmes. In Holding Their Ground: Security of Land Tenure for the Urban Poor in India, Brazil, and South Africa, Ed. by Alain Durand-Lasserve and Lauren Royston, London: Earthscan. With Kurt G. Paulsen.
- 1999. Private property in Africa: creation stories of economy, state and culture. Journal of Planning Education and Research, 19.2: 176-182.
- 1999. The grapes of rent: A history of renting in a country of owners. Housing Policy Debate 10,1: 9-30.
- 1998. Property for everyone and how to achieve it: the resident's property tax. Journal of Planning Education and Research, 18,2 (Dec.): 171-175. Reprinted in the American Planning Association: Planning and the Black Community Division News, January 2000.
- 1997. Planning history's mistakes. Planning Perspectives 12, 3 (July), 269-279.
- 1995. The difficult character of property: To whom do things belong? Journal of the American Planning Association 61,3: 301-09. Translation published as La propriété foncière, un concept difficile. études foncières no. 69, décembre 1995: 34-41.